Xtract™SR Heatsaver is a passive insulating solution designed to prevent and treat hypothermia in an austere environment.
“We believe no patient should arrive cold - we now have a way to make this a reality”.
Simon Pennells, Partner, TSG Associates
“In both military and civilian trauma, it has been reported that 100% mortality occurred when core temperature is less than 32°C”.
B.L Bennett, G Giesbrecht K Zafren et alol. Management of Hypothermia in Tactical Combat Casualty Care. Journal of Special Operations Medicine, September 2020, Volume 20, Edition 3. 21- 25.
We challenged ourselves to produce a pragmatic research-led solution that was small and lightweight. Extensive prototype testing in cold rooms, supervised and directed by subject matter experts, provided a robust platform to form our evidence.
We created the Xtract™SR Heatsaver. It is a major advancement in preventing hypothermia and improving overall patient care in complex environments. This unique product tackles all the causes of heat loss in the seriously injured casualty within an acceptable size and weight bracket.
The patent-pending design includes sculpted insulation panels that maximise thermal efficiency around the body's core allowing us to produce a product of minimal size and weight without compromising efficiency.
- Effective heat retention starts close to point-of-wounding.
- Works with the active heating solutions of your choice.
- Practical, logical micro-sized designs maximise operator’s efficiency.
- Evidence-based targeted insulation protects core temperature.
- Additional comfort at acute and prolonged care phases maximises patient outcome.
- Multiple use provides viable commercial model.
- Other products of interest
Smart Solutions For Life
Our ability to be inventive in designing modular, scalable, life-saving solutions is how we exceed the needs of individuals and organisations who reguarly face challenging situations.